Wednesday, July 24, 2019

FormWork Generator by Dynamo

Cast-in-Place Concrete is mostly used in construction site in Korea instead of Precast.
So calculating Formwork area is one of the most important work at a site.





Here is a simple Dynamo code i created.
It calculates formwork area and concrete volume of selected zone and export the data to selected excel file.


Calculated volume will be more accurate than one from Revit schedule. It joins every unjoined geometries in dynamo before calculation.

Actually I haven't been interested in this issue because I'm an architect who works at an office room most of times.

I just created the dyn code for the engineers in Revit-Dynamo community.

Oh, you still don't know how to use Dynamo?
Don't worry, you can easily use it with Dynamo Player.

You can download the file as usual.


Enjoy :)

8 comments:

  1. Hello, Hyun Woo Kim!! I'm a beginner in Dynamo and i'm trying to reproduce something similar to the Grasshopper's Galapagos in Dynamo using the Optimo in an algorithm i created to test. Can i contact you so we can talk about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i downloaded the script just now, but i cannot open it in Revit Dynamo, please advise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for that. But you are the first who say that. I have no idea.
      It works fine on my system.(and on others as well)

      Delete
    2. could you please share me. so i will try on my system.

      Delete
  3. can i use with linked files, also could it generate my floor for all floors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure..it works with any structural elements you want.

      Delete
  4. hey Hyun,
    Could you please share the dynamo linked file attached here. if it is possible.

    ReplyDelete