But, if you are really into Revit, there are not many choices. In my case, I've used a solution for Autocad, and used *.pat files from it. I can't say it's very inconvenient, but can't say it great either.
I know there are some apps which creates patterns for Revit.
They can create pattern directly in Revit. And some of them have a bit complicated options.
But I haven't seen below functions from any of them.
1. Non square pattern.
2. Patterns with curves.
3. Honeycomb(hexagonal) pattern.
4. Custom pattern size. (I know pattern can be scaled when be used, but..)
So.... I developed a pattern maker named DynaPAT using Dynamo.
|a Sample created by DynaPAT|
DynaPAT can do below.
- Non square pattern (any rectangles available)
- Patterns with curves
- Honeycomb pattern (because of no.1)
- Custom pattern size (What you draw is what you get)
- No installation.. It's Dynamo!!
- No "for 2017" or "for 2021" thing... It's Dynamo!!! I'm sure it will be able to be used with Revit2022 and later version as well.
- No template or line type specification. Just draw your own pattern with any lines on any view. (you can use any two different line styles for boundary and pattern)
- It creates *.pat file, so you can use created files for other apps like Autocad.
- You can select the pattern style as Drafting or Model.
- You can select Units as Inch or MM.
- It creates one pat file at a time, so you can use it repeatably not only in Dynamo player but also in Dynamo app.
- And most Importantly, it's easy to use!!!
|This is one of the largest codes I've ever created.|
There is one more thing.
After developing DynaPAT, I developed one more code.
It's only for honeycomb pattern, so I named it HoneyPAT(Feat. Dynamo).
Of course DynaPAT can make honeycomb pattern also, but using HoneyPAT is even more straightforward to use if you want only hexagonal pattern.
You can use DynaPAT and HoneyPAT right now!!!